Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers’ needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. This approach helps those we insure drive down their ultimate cost through prevention and aggressive claims handling. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
Colony Specialty (a member of Argo group) currently has a challenging opportunity for an Underwriter CORE located in Chicago, IL to underwrite new business and renewals according to authority level and established guidelines and participate in special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review policies to verify acceptability based upon company underwriting guidelines and granted underwriting authority.
· Determine whether to accept, modify, or decline risks.
· Oversee and approve endorsements as indicated.
· Resolve premium audit disputes within assigned territory.
· Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
· Review state laws, including cancellation and non-renewal, within assigned territory to properly transact business within the state.
· Conduct external agency audits.
· Consult with general agents/brokers to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain underwriting guidelines.
· Create, analyze, and interpret data from various reports.
· Manage assigned underwriting territory, including management of agents and travel to agent offices.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or one to three years related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A minimum of 5 years underwriting experience with authority, preferably in excess and surplus lines.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Previous insurance educational work, IIA and CPCU desirable.
· Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to travel.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
In addition, you will share in those core values which are key to our success:
· We desire to excel
· We are committed to our clients and to each other
· We have the courage to do the right thing
· We apply original thinking
Argo Group - 17 months ago