Date Posted: 11/09/2012
Workway is a premier national staffing firm that places qualified job-seeking candidates across the nation in direct hire, temp-to-hire and temporary positions across a variety of specialized fields. We pride ourselves in offering a candidate-centric model to assist job seekers in finding their next career opportunity.
Currently, we are seeking highly motivated Underwriter for a financial services subsidiary of an S&P real estate and financial services leader in Tempe. The Underwriter will review loans for risk analysis and compliance with agency investor guidelines.
Essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Review loans for risk analysis and compliance with agency and investor guidelines.
- Render decisions within appropriate timeframe of 48 hours while meeting quantity and quality standards of at least four new loans per day averaged on a monthly basis in addition to resubmissions and no major exceptions.
- Use of automated underwriting systems in determining risk, salability and reduced documentation for borrowers and review of data accuracy as input in MortgageWare/LP, Desktop Underwriter and Clues for automated decision-making.
- Traditional review and approval of loans that do not receive an automated approval as well as use of automated systems for expanded approvals of sub-prime loans to extend homeownership to more families.
- Clear, concise and appropriate conditioning of loans when rendering decisions.
- Mentor processing staff on training issues and automated underwriting systems
- Keep management informed of specific ongoing issues that need immediate attention.
To learn more about this and other job opportunities, please contact Meagan Wilson or for immediate consideration, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
- Three years in mortgage industry to include at least one year of hands-on underwriting of FHA/VA/Conventional loans.
- Perform accurate analysis of loan files and effectively transmit underwriting decision to production/processing staff both orally and in writing
- Automated processing and closing experience
- Successful completion of Core Curriculum Customer Care Empowerment, Doc Basics, FHA, VA, Self Employed, MortgageWare, Credit Counseling and Compliance. Or successful completion of Introduction to Mortgage Banking, Mortgage Loan Origination, Processing the Loan, Conventional Loan Processing, Mortgage Loan Underwriting, Underwriting the Self-employed Borrower, Closing, Shipping & Warehousing, Creation & Form of a Mortgage and Residential Secondary Marketing
- Strong computer background with 2 to 3 year’s experience in mortgage software and working knowledge of Word for Windows and Excel
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and exhibits confidence, positive attitude and firmness of position
- Considers new ideas, views of others, or divergent points of view
- Demonstrates skill in developing improvements in work method or designing new procedures
- Performs work with appropriate accuracy and strives for quality in work produced
- Completes projects and can be counted on to be on the job and fulfill assigned job tasks
- Plans and organizes work assignments and carries out assignments effectively
Please click on the link below and join our Talent Network. This will allow you to receive updates on all our job opportunities that match your skills. http://www.jobs.net/jobs/workway/en-us/
Workway - 2 years ago