To underwrite new business and renewals according to authority level and established guidelines and participate in special projects.
· Underwrite Environmental risks for coverage lines including General Liability, Contractors Pollution
Liability, Professional Liability, Premises Pollution Liability and Excess Liability.
· Review policies to verify acceptability based upon company underwriting guidelines and granted
· Determine whether to accept, modify, or decline risks.
· Oversee and approve endorsements as indicated.
· Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
· Consult with general agents/brokers to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain
· Create, analyze, and interpret data from various reports.
· Manage assigned underwriting territory, including management of agents and travel to agent offices.
· Bachelor’s degree or one to three years related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
· 1 – 3 years Environmental Consulting experience desirable.
· One to three years underwriting experience with authority, preferably in Environmental or Casualty
excess and surplus lines.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Previous insurance educational work, IIA and CPCU desirable.
· Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to travel.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Insurance courses/designations desired.
Argo Group - 23 months ago