RPM Mortgage, Inc. is seeking an experienced frontline Underwriter III – Conventional to join our dynamic Operations team. The primary responsibilities are to determine and assess borrower’s individual creditworthiness and risk for residential conventional real estate loans. Demonstrate thorough understanding of loan guidelines and investor specifications and incorporate this knowledge during the course of daily functions. This full-time role is located at our branch office in Roseville, CA and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Ability to underwrite loans requiring mortgage insurance.
- Review and analyze complex borrower profiles, tax returns, title reports, credit reports, income documentation to determine debt and loan to value ratios.
- Review and analyze special conditions, loan deficiencies and exception requests to determine the appropriate action.
- Properly assess and responds to fraud indicators. Review loan documentation and vendor fraud reports to identify signs of irregular or fraudulent activity.
- Submit files through DU and LP and interpret findings in a written loan approval.
- Review complex appraisals for accurate property valuation and acceptability.
- Ensure documentation adequately supports credit decision.
- Issue loan approvals or professionally written adverse action notifications.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years Mortgage Banking – Underwriting experience in Retail is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with use of Automated Underwriting Applications and ability to assess results.
- Knowledge of mortgage regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency in DU and LP.
- Underwriting government loans experience is a plus.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. ranked 6 th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. - 11 months ago