Working within the structure of a formalized training program, the Underwriting Trainee will learn the fundamentals of multi-line underwriting, including measuring exposure, analyzing risk, price, quote, set coverage, etc. Upon completion of the underwriting training, and under close supervision and guidance, Underwriter Trainee will perform basic market-facing underwriting functions in a field office setting, working within defined authority levels. Must be able to start the training program on May 29, 2012 and attend 7-8 week classroom training in Schaumburg, IL. Housing during classroom training is provided.
Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 scale
--Able to travel for training as needed (Must be able to travel and stay in Schaumburg, Illinois for 8 weeks while participating in formal study/classroom training. After that on the job training will continue in your local office.)
- Leadership experience
- Involvement in extracurricular activities and on-campus organizations
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. (Currently sponsorships are neither provided nor accepted.)
- Corporate Internship experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical aptitude
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of or limited experience in a broker/agency environment helpful
Zurich North America - 12 months ago
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe, Nort...