The Underwriting Analyst will support the New York Construction Casualty underwriting team.
Essential Job Functions
- Daily contact with the Underwriter and broker.
- Submission clearance coordination, file set-up, pre-underwriting review, quote set up, rating, binding, billing report development and maintenance and policy issuance.
- Service account needs (Endorsement, ODEN notices, Bureau Criticisms, Cancellations)
- Administrative support requirements including phone management, filing and copying
- Construction background a plus
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Advance proficiency in computer applications; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrate leadership and time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
Starr Companies, comprised of C.V. Starr & Co., Inc. (C.V. Starr) and Starr Insurance Holdings, Inc., is a global, privately held, insurance, financial services, and investments organization. Starr's insurance agencies write specialty lines covering aviation, marine, energy, property and excess casualty insurance, including risks with international exposures and provide a broad spectrum of value-added specialized services, including claims handling and settlement, risk assessment and loss prevention. Starr's insurance companies, Starr Indemnity & Liability Company and Starr Surplus Lines Insurance Company, provide high-quality, customized property and casualty and accident and health insurance products, with significant access to the excess and surplus marketplace for certain lines of business. These companies also provide loss control, claims, administrative and reinsurance services to their policyholders.
Starr Companies - 14 months ago