To support the underwriting function through customer service, rating, and processing of underwriting files.
· Process new and renewal business, endorsements, cancellations, and reinstatements.
· Conduct agency audits; review new and renewal business in accordance to established underwriting
· Conduct underwriting file analysis.
· Conduct renewal underwriting.
· Issue binders, including subjectivities and related activities.
· Order and review inspections and process audits.
· Triage submissions new submissions upon receipt according underwriting criteria.
· High school diploma or equivalent; college course work or degree preferred.
· Minimum of three years experience performing Underwriting Assistant duties.
· General knowledge of commercial insurance required.
· Analytical ability.
· Strong oral/written communication skills.
· Maintain a positive working relationship with agent/broker workforce.
· Must display a professional demeanor.
· Detail-oriented with initiative and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Insurance courses/designations a plus.