The Healthcare Liability Underwriting Assistant is responsible for supporting the Healthcare Underwriting function by assisting the underwriting team in the processing of new and renewal submissions.
- Reviews submission for completeness and provides follow up between agencies/brokers and underwriters to request additional information to support the submission requests.
- Conducts pre-underwriting analysis to support underwriting
- Assists underwriters in conducting pre-underwriting analysis and preparation of formal quotes and binders, midterm endorsements and preparation of various reports.
- Provides broad administrative support to the office, including frontline customer service to brokers/agents
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3– 5 years experience providing insurance underwriting support required
- Good time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to perform repetitive work in a consistent and productive manner
- Requires effective communication skills; must be able to express self fluently, coherently, and diplomatically with team members;
- Requires a proficiency with all Microsoft Office products and capable of gaining proficiency in custom underwriting software.
State Auto offers competitive compensation, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, 401K plan, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan. State Auto is a smoke-free work environment and uses drug screening and backgrounds checks as conditions o employment.
Note: Relocation not provided; third party candidates not accepted. To be considered, please include salary expectations. The experience and formal education of the incumbent will determine the level and starting salary.
CareerBuilder - 8 months ago