We have an opening in our Dallas, TX office for an Underwriting Associate. The Underwriting Associate will attend a class which introduces them to workers’ compensation law, policy processing and risk selection & pricing procedures. The Associate will be assigned a mentor and will participate in on-the-job training under the guidance of a supervisor as well as reading of the training manual.
- Learn general, industry and proprietary computer programs and systems
- Gain an understanding of workers' compensation law, regulation and policy contracts
- Participate in a training curriculum on workers’ compensation underwriting
- Develop strong analytical, technical and negotiation skills
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Intermediate skills in the following: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and be proficient on applicable databases, systems and vendor software programs.
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, Alpharetta, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.