1. Underwriting individual risks in a high unit volume environment. Evaluating and analyzing Advantage Package submissions, consisting of Casualty at the core and ancillary/supporting lines of Property, Kidnap & Extortion and Accident & Health.
2. Managing and motivating a staff of regional production underwriters.
3. Working independently to evaluate and analyze submissions, applying underwriting guidelines/business practices and making an underwriting decision.
4. Demonstrating the ability to find, develop and cultivate new business opportunities. Utilizing strong business relationships to persuade brokers/customers to choose and stay with ACE Advantage.
5. Driving the sales process by marketing in the territory, making broker calls in the territory. Time out of the office is estimated to be 50% of the time.
6. Identify and pursue new distribution sources while maintaining/enhancing relationships with key brokers/agents within the territory.
7. Liaising with other ACE business units to identify account expansion opportunities for Foreign Casualty. Work to achieve new business goals for International Advantage Package program as well as overall suite of Foreign Casualty product offerings.
8. Recognizing opportunities for process improvement and provide solution recommendations to the appropriate contact of authority.
9. Integrating special projects and tasks without impacting ability to complete existing workloads.
10. Presenting a positive and professional attitude. Influencing team culture to adopt and portray same.
1. College degree in insurance, business or related fields or equivalent experience.
2. 5-10 years Casualty Insurance experience (International preferred)
3. Managerial experience preferred
4. Analytical skills needed to evaluate controlled master program
5. Ability to work independently, self-manage, organize and prioritize work with minimal direction from management. Perform multiple tasks simultaneous and shift focus quickly.
6. Previous work with brokers/agents in the Southeast region preferred.
7. Outstanding Interpersonal Skills. Ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with team, field marketing and customers.
8. Demonstrated experience leading a team.
9. Proficient technology and communication skills. Foreign language skills desirable.
10. Commitment to maintain and develop underwriting skills and technical knowledge specific to International Casualty and multinational programs.
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...