Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Support customer account teams (CAT) who coordinate the firm's relationship with assigned lenders in areas of loan origination, underwriting, quality control, and loan delivery so that financing structures and underwriting quality are within acceptable risk parameters. Provide expertise to customers, consultants, and other stakeholders in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Conduct research and problem-solving on complex issues. May operate in a lead role within the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review loans for quality assurance, misrepresentation, and risk. Analyze and report on loan quality issues. Identify potential fraud and investigate methods of resolving potential issues. Monitor corrective actions.
- Structure and underwrite large loans in collaboration with various stakeholders. Ensure that financing structure and underwriting quality are within acceptable risk parameters. Negotiate changes, approve transactions, and present results to management.
- Resolve complicated repurchase or make whole requests. Investigate lender responses and rebuttals to resolve significant issues.
- Design and produce highly complex reports.
- Serve as principal point of contact for assigned lenders. Act as a consultant to enhance and/or improve lender procedures. Provide lender training as needed.
- Conduct on-site visits to review lender guidelines and conduct audits and loan reviews. Recommend new procedures, products, and variances.
- Assist in designing, developing, and testing new systems.
- Conduct research on potential selling and underwriting policy changes. Deliver findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Represent the firm's externally to industry colleagues.
- May participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- In-depth knowledge of Fannie Mae's underwriting and quality control guidelines; Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Intermediate user of MS Word and MS Excel, or comparable software packages
- Strong organizational skills, teamwork, and results orientation
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 21 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...