Unit Assistant / Monitor Tech
Full Time Days 7a-7:30pm
Northwest Medical Center
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
With the opening of our brand new, state of the art CV Tower and the future expansion of our Emergency Room which will double our ER in size, there is a lot of opportunity for professional growth. Cardiac services, oncology, neurosurgery and The Spine Institute - these are just a few of the areas in which we excel!
For the third consecutive year, HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies of 2013. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for the fourth consecutive year. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
· Obtains daily labs, reviews with Charge Nurse for abnormals to be called to physician.
· Answers Nursing Station telephone courteously, states location and name. Relays message to Charge Nurse and/or other nursing personnel.
· Maintains and updates Patient Census Board and Patient Log Book.
· Assures all patients are placed on monitor and tracings are legible.
· Answers patient call light promptly and relays patient need to appropriate caregiver.
· Maintains supply of educational material.
· Assure all personal belongings are transferred or discharged with patient.
· Assists in discharge process, copies patient record, facilitates transportation arrangements, faxes appropriate information.
· Recognizes and immediately reports changes in patient
's EKG rhythm, in patient's status and condition and reports to Registered Nurse.
· Identifies patients at risk for fall and injury and implements appropriate safety precautions.
- High school or GED required
- Previous hospital experience required
- 2-3 years of medical clerical work required
- Excellent communication skills required
- 2-3 years previous customer service experience
HCA Inc - 17 months ago