General Statement of Duties
Assumes primary responsibility of secretarial, receptionist and clerical support in a professional manner. Is expected to perform various tasks that require critical thinking, good judgment, mental organization, and knowledge of office equipment operation, interdepartmental function, and policy.
Essential Job Functions
1. Will be clinically knowledgeable in all aspects of medical terminology, and will accurately transcribe physician’s orders.
2. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instruction from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with coworkers, supervisors, physicians, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
3. Responsible for scheduling therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
4. Responsible for reviewing patient charges and order entry for accuracy and communicating to the appropriate supervisor when action is needed.
5. Responsible for maintaining education in Meditech and Microsoft applications.
6. Works as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to enforce safety rules and the accurate transcription of physician’s orders.
( X ) INSIDE: Spends approximately _40_ hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 5% increments of work time):
Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient/heaviest object specific to the department.
( X ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( ) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up
to 10 lbs.
( ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
Weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of
objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
Some Freq None Some Freq None
Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
Vision acuity – far
Vision acuity – near
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Manage stress appropriately
Make decisions under
Manage anger/ fear/ hostility/violence of others
Handle multiple priorities
Work in confined or crowded areas
Some Freq None Some Freq None
Blood-borne pathogen exposure
Exposure to x-ray/electromagnetic energy
Exposure to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents
Exposure to high-pitched noises
Exposure to dust/fumes/helicopter
Exposure to communicable diseases
Exposure to moving mechanical parts
Exposure to extreme conditions, hot/cold
Exposure to potential electric shock
Gaseous risk exposure
Adverse weather conditions
Dangerous driving conditions.
Exposure to laser beams
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics
High school diploma or equivalent
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
1 year secretarial experience in a healthcare setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required
HCA Inc - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
As we’ve grown over the last few year, we continue to build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come...