Provide leadership to an operations team of supervisors, engineers/technical staff and production team members to deliver world class business results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Develop a pipeline of talent to meet the future needs of the business.
• Provide leadership and communication to all team members to ensure understanding and attainment of Company, site, and unit performance objectives.
• Utilize, drive, and promote understanding of Polaris and/or Lean tools and principles to ensure the delivery of business objectives and a culture of continuous improvement.
• Lead safety awareness, accident prevention and ergonomic improvement efforts and programs.
• Develop a world-class operations team by challenging the status quo, coaching and counseling, and focusing development to drive business results.
• Collaborate with the Product team, Engineering and/or Purchasing on design for manufacturability, product quality and delivery. Ensure successful launch of new programs.
• Represents Operations at business unit level.
• Drive step-change in quality and continuous improvement through the effective application of data analysis, problem solving and teamwork.
• Build and maintain a strong leadership team and positive work environment based on Polaris’ culture and values.
• Get involvement and buy-in to accelerate change and motivate others around vision and goals.
• Contribute to Polaris strategy and long range planning.
• Develop and execute department budget.
• Partner effectively with team members at other Polaris locations, support team decisions and Polaris as a whole.
• Bachelors degree in engineering or a related field.
• 5-7 years of manufacturing experience in a lean environment.
• Prefer experience and background in welding, paint and/or assembly operations.
• Previous shop floor and/or technical leadership/supervisory experience.
• Strong project management and problem solving skills required.
• Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Willingness to relocate.