The Unit Secretary acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit. Position duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations of the unit.
- Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
- Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
- Assembles patient charts.
- Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding messages.
- Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other guests.
- Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer system.
- Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
- Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and charge nurses.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Required Qualifications include:
- Minimum of a High school degree or equivalent required.
- Previous clerical experience.
- Previous experience as a Unit Secretary in a hospital setting preferred.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Computer literacy is preferred.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting.
HCA Inc - 10 months ago
Much like its namesake, Florida's Osceola Regional Medical Center (ORMC) is a leader; while the original led Seminole warriors, this...