Under the supervision of the RN assist in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Coordinated nursing unit functions to provide for smooth operation off all nursing/patient care activities.
2. Correctly and accurately assembles, maintains and disassembles patient medical record.
3. Demonstrates working knowledge of order entry process and transcription of physician orders.
4. Maintains well organized, well-supplied, clean nursing unit.
5. Answers telephone and intercom, takes messages, and communicates messages to the appropriate
person, using appropriate telephone etiquette.
6. Assist in performance improvement (PI) activities by serving on PI teams as warranted, assisting with PI
measures, and supporting/implementing changes necessary for improvement.
7. Maintains statistics/logs as required by the unit Manager/Director.
8. Performs initial and annual competency per job class.
9. May be responsible for observation of cardiac monitors, notifying staff of alarms/ changes in cardiac
rhythm, or when patients are off monitor.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Computer and/or computer software knowledge or experience. Approved previous experience in clerical functions or completion of inservice education classes, high school education or equivalent. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
Physical: Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected within normal range. Able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to normal range. Must have ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and walking. Must have ability to move about at the nurses station and to walk short distances. Ability to reach reasonable distances in any direction. Must be able to move fingers in a coordinated manner.
Environmental : Includes exposure hazard materials and/or cleaning solutions.
Psychological: Includes receiving delegation, working with team members, addressing conflict, and communicating with all types of personalities specifically over the telephone.
As a community-owned, not-for-profit organization, DCH Health System is committed to providing quality health care services to all residents...