Summary: Assists the health care team in implementing the plan of care.
Requirements: BSL Required
- Assists with preparation for patient’s discharge (e.g., check belongings, get wheelchair & escort patient out).
- Seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources and recognizes the need for emergency intervention.
- Promotes learning for colleagues and self, functions as a preceptor.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Identifies ethical issues and reports them to the RN.
- Reports in a timely manner to the primary RN the patient’s complaint of pain.
- Transports patients to & from different areas of hospital safely and efficiently.
- Assists the staff in trasferring patients to and from stretchers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Maintains and restocks supplies & equipment (e.g., gloves, oxygen tanks, wheelchairs, stretchers, etc.) and precaution carts.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Supports hourly rounding in the department. Incorporates the 4P's during rounding - Pain, Potty, Positioning, Personal Possessions. A
- ssists in maintaining an orderly, clutter-free and clean environment.
- Aheres to Infection Control policies. Deliver and pick up of supplies, meds, labs, etc. to and from other departments.
Hours: 40 hours
Schedule: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Steward Health Care - 17 months ago