Headed by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple, Flipboard is inspired by the beauty and ease of print media and combined with the power of social media, helps inform, entertain and inspire people every day.
The company is based in Palo Alto, California and backed by legendary investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer, Index Ventures and Insight Venture Partners.
University Engineering - Internship
Flipboard is the world's first social magazine designed and engineered to let people discover and share content in beautiful, simple, and meaningful ways. We are hiring Interns in 2014 to join us in our Palo Alto, CA headquarters to help in building our product and making an impact on how people consume and share media.
Interns Students at Flipboard will work on core software features and services related to the Flipboard product ranging from our suite of client applications to our cloud infrastructure to our publisher and advertising platform. You will experience firsthand the process of developing professional software and services at large scale and be involved in all aspects of Product Cycle Model including the formulation of design, analysis, development, implementation of software, deployment of software into a production environment, and quality assurance. By the end of your internship, you will have released production code that millions of real world Flipboard users will interact with.
We have internship opportunities in the following areas of focus:
Android Development, IOS Engineering, Web Engineering, Platform Engineering, Data Engineering, Operations Development, and Systems Development
Skills and Experience Required:
Why Join Flipboard?
- Java or C++ and other languages
- Ability to iterate code quickly incorporating feedback and solving problems
- Linux or UNIX
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Enrolled in a Graduate / Undergraduate degree program in Computer Science or related field
- Build a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people discover, browse and share media. By joining Flipboard now, our startup culture with small teams will enable you to learn and grow while shaping the product and the company, resulting in the most impactful work of your career.
- Headed by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple, Flipboard is inspired by the beauty and ease of print media and combined with the power of social media, helps inform, entertain and inspire people every day.
- The company is backed by legendary investors including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer, Index Ventures and Insight Venture Partners, plus the founders of Twitter, Facebook and Ashton Kutcher.
- Team-up with cutting-edge team from Apple, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Adobe, Sony, Tellme, Microsoft, Time Inc. to help grow the world's first social magazine across multiple platforms.
- CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies (acquired by Netscape & Microsoft).
- Collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision. “Mock O’clock” held each week serves as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto, a short walk from Caltrain.
- Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits