TSR Consulting Services, Inc. is a quality driven staffing firm in business now for 43+ years. Our client is one of the largest professional services organizations in the world.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
3-6 months+ with potential for extension/conversion
US citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor H1B Visa's at this time or Subcontractors.
- The System Administrator's role is to assist in the building, configuration, deployment, support, and maintenance of a 6000+ server estate consisting of Cisco UCS blades, Client/Oracle(SUN) physical servers, and VM servers running a combination of Unix/Solaris, Linux (RedHat/CentOS) & Microsoft Windows.
- The role is responsible for OS and hosted application support for those servers.
- Along with core OS support, the role will also support infrastructure applications such as IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler(Maestro), Symantec NetBackup, BMC Patrol and other enterprise applications and services.
- The System Administrator should resolve complex hardware and software integration issues, interfacing with database administration, software development, network support personnel, and hardware and application vendors to coordinate solutions.
- Provide guidance to junior level staff when necessary and create periodic status reports for management.
- Senior experience in Unix(Solaris) and Linux (RedHat/CentOS) Administration and Unix shell scripting (bash/korn) with basic Windows 2012/2008R2/2003 Administration & Configuration.
- Exposure to Apache, PostgreSQL/MySQL/MariaDB, Symantec NetBackup, EMC storage, and UCS blade/Client/VM servers preferred. Must possess technical knowledge in various disciplines to resolve complex infrastructure integration issues and problems.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Seven+ years of experience administering and servicing Unix(Solaris) and Linux(Redhat/CentOS) systems.
- Basic Windows 2012/2008R2/2003 skills preferred.