Looking for your next career move and want to work for some of the best companies in the nation?
Explore Your Career Possibilities: At Talent101 we take ownership of our customer s direct hire and contract needs and provide them with the brightest talent that are on top of their game and can make a direct impact on our customer s business.
We have been asked to identify a UNIX Systems Administrator for one of our clients in North Dallas, Texas.
The qualified candidate will:
- Administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Sales and Marketing IT maintained systems and applications.
- Use knowledge of hardware and software platforms to effectively understand the applications and systems that run on them.
- Understand impact of design, performance, supportability, reuse, and cost.
- Communicate/Coordinate with IT Operations team for root-level Unix OS tasks
- Through all supported systems, ensure testing and processes are followed throughout tiered environment (Development, Staging, Production)
- Work to troubleshoot and resolve production issues, escalating as appropriate
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions as both a learner and a presenter
- Participate in Team debrief sessions for production issues to improve service
- Work with 3rd party application vendors for support
- Participate in on-call support rotation
- Communicate well with team and business partners
Li nux Administration
Oracle SQL Scripting
Web Component understanding
Ability to work with customers and manage day to day activities.
Ability to work in a team environment and be proactive.
Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Ability to multitask on various activities.
Previous experience with production on-call support.
Other Preferred Skills:
- Content Management Servers - Interwoven Teamsite, OpenDeploy, DataDeploy - configure servers, maintain servers, troubleshoot when errors are received/reported, work with developers to push code/content changes to Production, debug perl customizations, install patches/upgrades, tuning
- Application Servers JBOSS, ATG Dynamo, BEA Weblogic, Websphere -- configure servers, maintain servers, review logs, troubleshoot when errors are received/reported, work with developers to push code to Staging/Production, understanding of Java code a plus, install patches/upgrades, tuning
- Administer Web Servers - Sun Java System Web Server, Apache - configure servers, review logs, tuning
- Remedy Ticket System - Respond to and work assigned tickets - act as 2nd/3rd level support for incoming trouble incidents
- Batch Processes - design, develop, maintain, configure, tune batch processes in Perl, shell scripting
- Web page component understanding - HTML, js, css, XML
- Monitoring - Patrol and other monitoring tools - ensure monitoring points are used to alert admins of issues on our maintained servers
- Technologies - Solaris, Siebel, LDAP, Oracle PL/SQL, Java, Struts, CVS, Sun Access Manager, sudo, cron, ssh, scp, Control-M, rsync, rcs, mqueue, Verity Ultraseek, Endeca, Sun Java System Portal Server, Oracle Application Server, Hibernate
Required skills and qualifications:
Talent101 pays referral fees.
Applicants must be at least 18 years or older, must be willing to take a drug test and background check as part of the selection process and must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
For more information regarding Talent101 please visit our website www.talent-101.com. We provide an open door policy; please feel free to follow up by email email@example.com or by phone 972 503 2101 and ask for a Talent Manager to assist you.
Talent101 does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.