The Unix System Administrator II – Infrastructure Support will support client's Unix environment consisting of AIX, Solaris and Linux servers, IBM V7000 and EMC SANs and Local Area Network and Wide Area Network Environment with troubleshooting experience of VMware, Redhat Linux, AIX LPARS for various Mapping application servers and Web servers. IBM V7000 and EMC SAN products with hands on experience is preferred.
It is also expected that new hires live within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 50 mi or less) of the following cities: Washington, DC. Exceptions may be considered.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 3 years experience in supporting AIX, Solaris and Redhat environment in multiple locations.
- Readiness to work extended periods away from home
- U.S. citizenship required
- English: Basic knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years experience in troubleshooting AIX LPARS, Redhat Linux and Application Servers.
- At least 2 years experience in loading server Operating Systems and data transfers.
- At least 1 year experience in EMC SAN (DMX or VMAX), IBM (V7000).
- Security clearance of MBI
- English : Intermediate
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To ALL recruitment agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 9 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...