Reference Code: 13052749
Location: Irving, TX, USA
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Proudly serving more than 100 million clients in 40 countries, Citi's Global Consumer Banking business is among the largest retail banks in the world. Primarily known as Citibank and strategically centered in the world's top cities, Global Consumer Banking uses its deep footprint to deliver a consistent and enhanced client-centric banking experience. GCG-IS is a 400+ strong community, comprising of Unix SAs, Wintel SAs, Oracle & MS-SQL DBAs and Middleware Teams. As of August ‘13 they support 7000 servers across a number of regions and countries, including AIX, Solaris HP-UX & Linux operating systems. A NAM GCG-IS infrastructure UNIX SA manager will be responsible for a subset of GCG UNIX Platforms. This position provides overall direction and management for Unix/Linux Server Operations including implementation and ongoing technical support. They will work with other technology partners to achieve reliable business process operations. The manager will be responsible for ongoing status communications to IT and business unit management. The typical position manages approximately 10 employees plus contractors and the team will be accountable to service the GCG (Global Consumer Group) development and application support teams. Responsibilities include providing direction and leadership to GCG UNIX Systems Administrators and overseeing day-to-day technical activities related to maintaining a reliable and effective environment responsive to the requirements of the GCG business.
This position requires a leader willing to
- Drive service improvement initiatives that span global business units and cross tower technology domains.
- Mature process and procedure to a point where high-volume, low-risk functions can be moved to lower cost service providers without compromising quality of service.
- Drive global standardization across people, process and technology management resulting in global process consistency and reducing operational complexity/expense.
- Be responsibility for a span of management in a dynamic operational environment; an understanding of the IT environment to include various UNIX type platforms, Virtualization technologies, Storage environments, Responsible for all UNIX platform services to the GCG business and development organizations. Front line contact to business clients, application support and development Partners for infrastructure services.
- Serve as a technical adviser on system support providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives
- Drive strategy and delivery of global support model.
- Change control management, coordination and process improvements between infrastructure and development units.
- Manage the day-to-day operations, maintenance, installation and change of systems.
- Improving Problem Management and Stability within environments.
- Manage mission critical systems for high performance, high availability, and reliability.
- Maintain excellent business relationships with customers supported at the sites and proactively scan the customers' environment and recommend system and process improvement.
- Be responsible for the performance appraisals and career development for Server SA.
- 10+ years of applicable experience.
- The candidate should have strong skills in Operating systems and knowledge of the others, as well as have a good understanding of Project Management and Infrastructure Architecture
- Demonstrated experience with AIX, Solaris and Linux Server Operations and related project implementation and management.
- Designing for production, resilience, scalability, performance
- Project Management, Issue resolution, vendor management.
- Attention to detail when faced with adversity
- Demonstrable client management skills
- Bachelors or other advanced degree
- Leadership, strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Strong personal demeanor, able to negotiate and influence at a senior business level
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities and innovative thinking with the ability to drive consensus
- Proven ability to prioritize business objectives and effectively manage multiple projects to completion in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to champion and utilize both direct and matrix resources to meet deliverables and challenging deadlines
- Strong work ethic/integrity/excellent use of discretion and judgment
- Self-motivated; ability to involve and engage others
- Commitment to continuous improvement with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- •Planning and organization skills
- •A proven ability to meet and adapt to new challenges.
- •Excellent communication skills (including listening)
- •A positive, pro-active and self motivating attitude
- •A history of delivering against agreed objectives
- •Ability to operate across multi discipline groups.
- •An enthusiastic ‘can do’ approach
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could...