The upholstery team member is responsible for taking kitted raw materials to completed upholstered furniture using standardized processes, upholstery skills and final product finishing talents.
If you want to learn a new trade,use your talent for finishing touches and watch as a fully upholstered unit blossoms from your skills this would be the perfect opportunity to broaden your skill base and learn something new.
This position begins as a flexible workforce position with full time hours (40-50) and eligibility for 401k enrollment as well as all employee activities. SOME OPENINGS WIL BE BE FILLED WITH SEASONAL CANDIDATES AVAILABLE APRIL - AUGUST.
Flexible workforce members do not qualify for paid holidays, vacation time or insurance benefits until regular full time employment status is reached.
External candidates should be able to:
Upholstery is a skill that must be learned through experience. Candidates will complete a 12 week training program but should be prepared to continue education through on the job training for several months to become profecient in the trade.
- Read and comprehend required documents
- Lift parts and manuever in-process furniture 50+ lbs
- Stand/Walk on hard surfaces (concrete floors) for 8+ hrs
- Constant pinch/pull & stretch fabrics to cover frame
- Understand and practice assembly processes
- Have an eye for Quality and finishing touches
- Able to become proficent in the use of air driven tools including staple guns, screwdrivers, etc.
- Support and engage in our programs including Stamp in Quality, Behavior Based Safety and 5S.
- Ability to adapt and manage change
- Be team oriented
If your want to expand your knowledge base in an effort to stretch and grow your career, this would be the perfect opportunity to expand your flexibility by becoming part of the Danville upholstery team.
National Office Furniture - 12 months ago
No odd coupling: Furniture and electronic manufacturing services bring out the best in Kimball International. The company's Electronic...