Objective: The Home Design Coordinator will support the daily operational functions of the Home Design Team in all aspects of product development. You will follow the product from inception all the way through final approval until the style is approved or dropped. You will develop key cross functional relationships with both the outside vendors and internal partners: buying and production. The coordinator is also responsible for partnering with the Product Development Manager on all tasks.
- Check briefs for errors and inconsistencies
- Professionally communicate via email and in person with outside vendors, design, production and buying team members.
- Run Design Flow, and Finalization meetings.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks when needed: Filing, Organizing Sample Sale Items, Ordering Office Supplies
- Responsible for keeping the vendor capability binders up to date and organized.
- Maintain and create lists of product standard sizes and specifications and communicate these standards to the appropriate parties.
- Locate and then distribute any incoming sample packages sent from vendor to appropriate person(s).
- Updating the WIP report and line sheets when sending out briefs and amendment, and also when receiving initial and amendment samples.
- Communicate with vendors to get details on product needed to check the sample in (any information from the line sheet - material, factory, care instructions) & if any piece of the program information is missing from the line sheet and WIP accordingly after feedback from vendor is received.
- Photographing all initial and amendment samples and organizing photos in the appropriate place on the share drive.
- Organize samples and appropriate briefs/amendments for the weekly Design Flow meetings and Finalization meetings.
- Collect back and communicate amendment comments and/or product approvals to the vendor after a Design Flow or Finalization meeting.
- Make amendments to samples when the changes do not require a designer's assistance.
- Send design briefs to vendors weekly :
- Make necessary copies to ensure that there is an exact duplicate of the brief in the office
- Securely package any sample that may be accompanying the brief
- Be aware of any costing or sourcing issues that may occur as a result of the design
- Make line sheets and update WIP reports
- Prepare and organize to manufacturers and agents by printing invoices and package transmittal forms
- Responsible for tracking new design developments by sending the vendor a brief shipping list each week and making sure that each vendor confirms receipt of sent package.
- Responsible for communicating with production team each week regarding new design developments sent to vendors.
- Must exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks, and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external partners.
- Exhibits a strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Capable to run meetings and keep the team on task.
- Strong follow up skills.
Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
Urban Outfitters - 14 months ago
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and...