Objective: Urban Outfitters is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to take its web marketing merchandising efforts to the next level. The position of Web Coordinator – Merchandising and Special Projects creates, merchandises and maintains web categories for home pages, emails, trends and special projects on urbanoutfitters.com based on selling and merchandising strategies. The Web Coordinator will be required to attend several weekly meetings and work collaboratively with Marketing, Merchandising, Creative, Buying and Planning teams to insure delivery of brand appropriate web categories that relate directly to weekly marketing messages. The ideal candidate will conceptualize the product assortment on a weekly basis relating to trend messaging and special projects, which requires a perceptive eye for pulling together strong product assortments related to each brand-marketing message. The ability to identify trends in fashion, music, design and art then translate those trends into revenue producing categories for the web is vital. This position will also require completion of daily tasks to support the Web Production team – all of which call for a high level of consistency in execution. Additionally someone with outstanding organizational skills and the ability to filter and prioritize feedback and requests critically is key to success in this position.
- Competency with web based product management applications
- Visual merchandising experience, preferably web merchandising
- Familiarity/understanding of an ecommerce organization
- Superior verbal and written communication skills that can be applied inter/intra departmentally to obtain critical information from other teams.
- Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Capacity to multi-task, prioritize and maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to create compelling, trend-driven and brand appropriate product categories associated with retail/email/web marketing campaigns, and analyze and compile sales reports and interpret web marketing data.
- Must possess intermediate Excel experience.
- Extreme attention to detail, excellent quality assurance skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities successfully throughout the Urban Outfitters team.
- Proactive personality that is able to identify and react to results and trends.
- An appreciation for and understanding of the Urban Outfitters customer and aesthetic.
- Experience working collaboratively with Marketing, Creative and Merchandising groups.
- A passion for retail and ecommerce and knowledge of trends in today’s marketplace.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
Urban Outfitters - 17 months ago
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and...