To maximize sales by developing sound merchandise plans that support Company goals for sales, turn and margin.
Founded in 1970, Urban Outfitters (www.UrbanOutfitters.com) operates more than 200 stores in the United States, Canada, and Europe, all offering an eclectic mix of merchandise. We stock our stores with what we love, calling on our—and our customer's—interest in contemporary art, music, and fashion. From men's & women's apparel and accessories to items for the apartment, we offer a lifestyle-specific shopping experience for the educated, urban-minded individual in the 18 to 30 year-old range—both online and in our stores as well as through our catalog.
Urban Outfitter’s parent company, Urban Outfit bters, Inc. (www.URBN.com) is an innovative specialty retailer which offers a variety of lifestyle merchandise to highly defined customer niches through brands including Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Terrain, and BHLDN. Urban Outfitters, Inc., is both a Fortune 1000 and S&P 500 ranked company with $2.5 Billion in revenues.
- Ensure the financial success of a select grouping of merchandise classifications by meeting or exceeding sales, gross margin, and inventory turn goals
- Formulate guidelines for style and customer choices (style OTB) based on business analysis
- Partner with buying group to determine attribute penetration, price point representation, brand penetration and the introduction of new merchandise into the assortment at the class level
- Provide the buyer with purchase quantification of styles in order to maximize sales and inventory levels
- Monitor and evaluate sales of current styles and attributes on a weekly basis, partnering with the buyer and the Director of Planning to effectively manage receipts and inventory
- Present and prepare monthly strategy meetings to Planning group and or Executive committee
- Manage OTB and provide monthly receipt plans to Buying Team
- Identify inventory levels needed to support the rate of sale and the markdown strategy for a merchandise area based on sell-through percent, WOS, and planned product life span
- Develop style-level plans based on current forecast, historic trend and test information for key items
- Analyze and revise the financial strategy for current trend or actual performance on a monthly basis to maximize sales and profitability.
- Develop markdown strategy for a merchandise area based on sell-through percent and planned product life span. This includes both redlines and promotional strategies in stores
- Conduct color-level planning based on the inventory need to support rate of sale, targeted sell-through percent, and the current risk parameters and historical trends (long range goal)
- Develop entrance and exit strategies for styles and seasonal classifications
- Partner with Buying and marketing teams to provide input into which key items, classifications and attributes require marketing support
- 3-5 year’s experience in a Planning role. Two years or more of experience in a Shoe Planning role.
- Some experience in buying or store management is a plus.
- Expert command of retail math concepts and applications
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Technical skill proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Record of ambition and internal drive through accomplishments and upward success
Bachelor's in Finance or Business related degree preferred
Urban Outfitters - 13 months ago
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and...