To maximize sales by developing sound merchandise plans that support Company goals for sales, turn and margin.
Founded in 1970, Urban Outfitters (www.UrbanOutfitters.com) operates more than 160 stores in the United States, Canada, and Europe, all offering an eclectic mix of merchandise. We stock our stores with what we love, calling on our—and our customer's—interest in contemporary art, music, and fashion. From men's & women's apparel and accessories to items for the apartment, we offer a lifestyle-specific shopping experience for the educated, urban-minded individual in the 18 to 30 year-old range—both online and in our stores as well as through our catalog.
- Ensure the financial success of one or more departments by meeting or exceeding sales, gross margin, and inventory turn goals
- Formulate guidelines for style and customer choices (style OTB) based on business analysis
- Provide the buyer with purchase quantification of styles in order to maximize sales and inventory levels
- Monitor and evaluate sales of current styles on a weekly basis, partnering with the buyer and the Divisional Planner to effectively manage receipts and inventory
- Identify inventory levels needed to support the rate of sale and the markdown strategy for a merchandise area based on sell-through percent, WOS, and planned product life span
- Develop style-level plans based on current forecast, historic trend and test information for key items
- Analyze and revise the financial strategy for current trend or actual performance on a monthly basis to maximize sales and profitability.
- Develop markdown strategy for a merchandise area based on sell-through percent and planned product life span. This includes both redlines and promotional strategies in stores
- Conduct color-level planning based on the inventory need to support rate of sale, store presentation, targeted sell-through percent, and the current risk parameters and historical trends (long range goal)
- Develop entrance and exit strategies for styles
- Work in synergy with Buyer and Allocation Analyst toward common goals for the merchandise area. Look to Divisional Planner for guidance on all areas of responsibility. Divisional Planner and DMM are considered to be the leadership team for each division.
- Expert command of retail math concepts and applications
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Technical skill proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have at least 3 years of Merchandise Planning experience
Bachelor's in Finance or Business related degree preferred
Some travel required.
Urban Outfitters - 23 months ago
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and...