Taylor Corporation is looking for a User Experience / Interface Designer who would be responsible for developing and executing online user experience solutions for various Taylor Companies’ websites, e-commerce sites, content management systems, and applications. This person will design interface prototypes for desktop, tablet, mobile and kiosk, in a consulting fashion, as a part of the Taylor Corporate IT Interface Center of Excellence team.
This position requires someone who is passionate about user experience and interface design to successfully balance client objectives and user needs, while designing aesthetically pleasing and highly useable interfaces.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead UX/UI projects in the user research, conceptual design, information architecture, interaction design, visual design and usability testing phases
- Create intuitive user experience and interface design solutions by creating UX/UI deliverables for client projects from a user-centered design perspective
- Deliver documentation and employ a broad array of user-centered design techniques, such as: contextual inquiry, competitive analysis, personas, storyboards, heuristic evaluations, site maps, navigation schematics, task flows, interaction diagrams, wireframes, visual comps, interactive prototypes, annotations, and usability testing
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed designs and design rationale to clients, stakeholders, managers, peers, executives, etc., in a verbal, visual and written format
- Design, develop, test, and refine prototypes, according to industry standards and guidelines
- Brainstorm functionality and flow as it translates client and user goals into actionable interface designs
- Facilitate client workshops and discussions on site strategy, site architecture, user flows, user scenarios, interface concepts, visual design, and overall user experience
- Provide positive customer experiences working with various clients in: marketing, sales, product, project, business and technical roles
- Provide product usability, evaluation and support to clients and development teams
- Create and/or contribute to an interface pattern library highlighting examples of commonly used interface functions (ecommerce catalog/product gallery, product detail, personalization, checkout, etc.)
- Work as a user experience evangelist educating clients and potential clients on user experience processes and capabilities
- 3-5 years of experience in: user experience strategy, interaction design, usability, information architecture and visual design
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic or visual arts, communications, marketing, human factors, psychology, or information sciences
- Commitment to innovative, forward-thinking, with ability to research new technologies, trends and industry best-practices
- Portfolio showcasing examples of user experience and interface design deliverables for web, ecommerce, applications, mobile, tablet and responsive
- Expert knowledge and portfolio examples demonstrating work experience in Axure, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design or other design or rapid prototyping tool
- Previous experience in a consulting UX/UI role working for B2C and B2B clients
- Commitment to: quality design and documentation, professionalism, expertise, professional execution, and meeting deadlines
- Strong client management skills to balance scope, timeline, budget, project objectives, and user needs with clients’ requirements with user-centered best practices.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively with a balance of analytical and creative skills
- Ability to travel occasionally, as needed, for client meetings, presentations, and usability testing
We offer a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Taylor Corporation - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The Taylor Corporation Companies are involved in diverse markets and industries, with a common thread being a focus on communication.