We are seeking a talented team member skilled in user experience (UX) design and/or user interface (UI) design to contribute to a very robust, large and complex windows desktop application/system. T he UI / UX Designer is responsible for UI/UX design of application development projects for Windows desktop applications. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to insure the success of the projects. Perform UI / UX Prototyping, mock ups, screen design, initial prototyping, compositions, then, wireframes. Then photoshop, then other tools or Mark Up or XAML tools. These are high resolution compositions, mock ups and wireframes. Re-skinning the existing Windows product, and reshape the future of the new, upcoming desktop product. A few things being discussed “metro” interface, is Windows 8 style the best? what user interface design is best? Should apple concepts be applied? What look and feel should be adopted here? Work with high-level executive technologists.
This position affords opportunities to work across a broad range of UI/UX related disciplines from UI prototyping and interactive design, to usability testing and information architecture. The team member will be expected to apply intuitive design methodologies to wire framing, graphics development, skinning, and layout structuring. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual. Keep in mind this is for Windows User Interfaces (UI) and user experience (UX), not web user interfaces (UI), however someone good user experience design could have skills from Windows UI design or Web UI design (HTML, CSS, HTML5, CSS3); XAML or Expression Blend might be used or learned.
Evaluate the latest design trends and determine how best to translate them into our flagship platform. Independently manage multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced development environment, proactively ensuring that appropriate UX considerations are made throughout the SDLC · Work with project stakeholders to build consensus behind the best practical (not always the best possible) design solutions; produce final design specs that balance development deadlines and implementation costs against key design considerations
- Work closely with UI product managers to understand complex functional requirements and transform them into detailed designs specifications.
- Effectively communicate design recommendations using wireframes, flowcharts, high-fidelity design comps, high-resolution graphics, interactive prototypes and the occasional cocktail napkin or the back of a brown paper bag with a pencil J .
- Advocate for the needs of end-users throughout the product design process; evangelize & promote good design principals and best practices throughout the organization.
Organize and facilitate small-scale usability tests · Create production-ready assets (icons, applications themes, etc.) using Photoshop or XAML tools or other tools inside Visual Studio 2010-12 IDE.
- Responsible for the design and development of application layouts, graphics, multimedia, simulations, Windows GUIs screen mock ups, prototypes, and wireframes.
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
- Minimum 4-year degree (B.S. or B.A.), ideally in a related field ( such as studies in user interface design, user experience design, Human Computer Interaction ( HCI ), human factors, usability, usability testing, computer science, technical writing, psychology, etc.)
- 1-3+ years of experience designing, developing, or documenting complex software interface solutions or prototypes including mock ups, comps, and wireframing for web UI product(s) or windows or desktop UI product(s)
- Excellent skills in graphics creation with Adobe Creative Suite; working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Practical exposure and/or experience with some or all of the following: BCG Soft framework / Windows applications
- Proven ability to create polished, professional designs that anticipate and accommodate the needs of users
- Solid understanding of up-to-date GUI navigation principles for maximizing usability.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Front-end design/development experience is a plus.
Salary Range: Depends Upon Experience
(please inform me regarding your desired range or current pay, or we can discuss)
Benefits: Life, Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), bonus, stock grants, paid vacation, paid time off, ADD, short-term disability, relocation assistance
Location: Hollywood, Florida
Please call to inform of resume submission: 954-406-0177 ext 3001
Immigration: US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency highly preferred; no H1B sponsorships or transfers. No third parties, no consulting firms, no agencies.