QSI Inc. /NextGen Healthcare builds software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now we’re bringing the best of the cloud, social media, and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us.
Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com
The User Experience Designer at NextGen shapes the structure, flow and functionality of the interactive work that we deliver for our clients. The UX designer works closely with project teams to solve client needs, bring order out of chaos and determine better ways of structuring information and organizing features – all which adhering to the principles of usability, utility, simplicity and elegance. The position advocates for the user while keeping business goals in mind. The UX designer makes information accessible and complex processes easy to understand.
Our customers are our highest priority, and user experience is core to our business, so we’re looking for someone with a proven ability to create innovative and elegant design solutions that solve real customer problems.
- Craft the user experience of applications and mobile apps, through wireframes, user and transaction flows, site maps and interface design.
- Have excellent interface design skills for any screen – desktop, mobile, tablet, etc. – based on expert knowledge of graphic design and a firm understanding of the principles of usability and user psychology.
- Find creative solutions to client problems, which you can think on your feet to develop, explain and defend.
- Appreciate user research and look for ways to turn research results into better interactive products and better user experiences.
- Can work independently and as part of a team, at times designing both the architecture and the interface, and other times developing architecture documents and wireframes for other designers.
- Take responsibility for your part of the process and rally the team around functional design, process flow and usability models.
- Work closely with developers, creative directors and project management.
- Always look for better ways of doing thing and bring new ideas and improved processes for UX design to the team.
- You are passionate about user experience and user-centered design, eager to learn new methods and technologies, and evangelizes user experience and usability best practices throughout the organization
- Must have a reputation as a great collaborator and facilitator, have experience relating to others from different disciplines and backgrounds, and can incorporate insights from many different perspectives into your work.
** Please submit link to on-line portfolio with resume.
- Ability to create high-fidelity prototypes
- Must be extremely proficient in Adobe CS products – in particular Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Extremely proficient in MS Visio/OmniGraffle, Axure, Dreamweaver or other prototyping tools
- Intimate understanding of Usability Testing, User Centered Design, User interface Standards, and Best Practices
Required Education (including certifications):
- Experience in Healthcare or related industry
Quality Systems, Inc./Nextgen Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent - or equivalent work experience
Because Quality Systems, Inc./Nextgen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V.