User Experience Interaction Designer
Perficient is looking for the best and brightest technology talent to support our growing partner and client portfolio. We have scaled from a startup organization to an industry leader by delivering business-driven technology solutions to solve real business problems for mid-sized and large corporations throughout the U.S. and abroad.
The Interaction Designer applies principles of user-centered design and user research skills to conceptualize and develop intuitive user interfaces for a variety of devices, such as desktop, web, and mobile applications. You will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to discover, understand, and communicate user’s tasks and goals and to iterate through designs and ultimately deliver interface specifications. You will consult metrics, testing, and market and user research to inform designs.
This is a full time position with Perficient. At Perficient, we offer a full competitive base salary, bonuses twice a year, a full benefits package including medical, dental and vision, a 401(k) with matching contributions, 3 weeks paid time off and 10 paid holidays per year.
- Use storyboarding, high-level use case definition, task analysis, and user research tasks (interviews, contextual inquiry, heuristic evaluations, usability testing, personas, etc.) to capture and develop user requirements and integrate into effective user interface designs
- Iteratively create and refine low- to high-fidelity interface design concepts via wireframes and/or interactive prototypes for the information architecture, navigational models, process flows, page layout, information displays, and interactional components based on user research, while remaining within the bounds of selected technologies
- Participate in defining, planning, executing, and reporting on user testing activities in order to validate proposed designs and ultimately collaborate with user experience and project teams to determine priorities for resolution of usability problems to optimize design improvements
- Create, organize and produce complete user interface specifications with design details to be used as a blueprint for development
- Work closely with development teams before and during the QA process to validate the UI design was translated accurately and to continue to negotiate on behalf of the user throughout the process
- Write estimates, create project plans, maintain archives of project documents and deliverables, and track tasks for all projects
- Assist with creating and documenting user interface design standards, best practices, design patterns, and project templates
- Evangelize best practices for achieving a user-centered design process with project teams
- Keep abreast of current design tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodology, information architecture, user interface/ interaction design, and brand image management, and the ability to translate complex data structures into effective user interfaces
- Experience in creating low- to high-fidelity prototypes using Axure RP
- Broad knowledge of user research methodology and best practices and the ability to understand and translate user research findings into design solutions
- Advocate for users while understanding the business and technical goals of the application
- Understands the rationale for promoting consistency in design and feels comfortable advocating for it
- Strong skills in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills with the ability to effectively defend ideas and results of observed interface problems
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, and collaborate to properly complete tasks
- Experience with graphics tools such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, or Fireworks is a plus
- Experience with MORAE, Camtasia, and other video editing/capture software is a plus
Perficient is a leading information technology consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. Our IT consultants deliver business-driven technology solutions that enable our clients to gain competitive advantage, make their businesses more responsive to market opportunities and threats, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners, improve productivity and reduce information technology costs.
Since 1998, we have delivered successful business-driven technology solutions for hundreds of Global 2000 and other large enterprise customers. During that time, we have grown from a startup to a publicly-traded firm with approximately 1,400 full-time professionals serving clients from locations in 24 strategic markets across North America, global delivery centers in Europe and China, and a technology consulting recruiting office in India.
We have deep domain expertise in technology solutions that differentiate our firm. We use small, expert project teams that deliver high-value, measurable results by working collaboratively with clients through a user-centered, technology-based and business-driven solutions methodology . We believe this approach enhances return-on-investment for our clients by significantly reducing the time and risk associated with designing and implementing eBusiness integration solutions. To learn more about Perficient's services, solutions, products, and locations go to www.perficient.com.
Perficient Inc - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard