Consumer Reports tests all kinds of consumer products so you don’t have to. Completely independent of corporate influence – we take no advertising or freebies – we tell you how a product will really perform when you use it. When better information isn’t enough to get you good value, we advocate for laws and standards that encourage competition, and we organize consumers to advocate for themselves. We are nonprofit, supported by donations and by the individuals who pay for our ratings products (Consumer Reports Magazine, Consumer Reports Online, ShopSmart and more). We are driven by our mission. We’ve been around since the 1930s and will be around as long as people need a reliable antidote to misleading advertising and a strong counterbalance to the power of corporations.
Come do some good for consumers by leading the User Experience efforts for our state of the art scalable and robust web applications that are consumer centric. CR is charging forward into the Digital age and is building a new technology team based in our Austin, TX office. This team is hiring for a User Experience Lead and Manager to join the team to lead the UX efforts for CR's Digital Health Products.
- 8+ years of practical experience in user experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a Lead role at either a major agency or a large commercial Web site.
- Demonstrated familiarity with user-experience best practices and standards, and a proven track record in usable interfaces and efficient page-level templates, etc. for large data-base driven, responsive/adaptable products.
- Solid leadership ability and communication skills. Must have a high-degree of comfort leading creative teams; working with outside agencies; recruiting and managing freelancers etc.
- Strong consensus-building skills and a partnering, team-oriented attitude; able to work productively in a matrixed organization.
- Strong management ability. Ability to lead both visual design and user experience architect staff towards a common vision.
- Highly adaptable and can keep pace with new technologies, agile processes, and new user experience skills.
- Leads user experience efforts for all development projects across platforms – web, tablet, and mobile.
- Develops creative solutions to business and consumer challenges; generates or leads development of storyboards, task flows, consumer journeys, experience maps, wire-frames, prototypes, and taxonomies.
- Manages internal user experience team, outside design agencies and/or freelancers on projects. Helps to recruit a talented freelance pool.
- Establishes user experience best practices for the organization. Sets and evolves optimal site conversions and experience standards. Analyzes and documents existing website content structure, taxonomy, page templates, and interfaces.
- Plays an integral role in site usability testing. Help to plan and conduct usability tests, evaluate results, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Assists in defining organizational resource needs for user experience.
- Be an active advocate for this discipline within the organization: mentor staff and senior leadership around key usability concepts and practical applications.
Physical demands: Normal physical demands associated with working in an office environment and prolonged computer usage. Location flexibility is important.
ConsumerReports.org - 4 months ago