FiveStars is a fast-growing startup in San Francisco that is backed by DCM, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and early investors in Facebook. Our co-founders are customer loyalty experts from McKinsey, and our senior management team hails from places like Apple, Google, Facebook, and AT&T. FiveStars provides the most widely used loyalty automation platform for small and medium businesses, making it easy for them to acquire, retain, and grow customer relationships. We also give consumers the freedom of a single universal card that earns store-specific rewards across thousands of businesses.
FiveStars seeks a User Growth Manager/Growth Hacker, who is passionate about using product and marketing strategies to drive FiveStars member growth. You will be responsible for understanding and owning the overall company’s member growth objectives and mobilizing cross-functional teams across engineering, marketing, sales, and ops to achieve these goals. You will dive in and understand how channels like SMS, email, and product can be used to engage our members and encourage them to use their FiveStars cards more frequently and at more stores. In the process, you will be helping FiveStars merchants enroll more customers into their store-specific loyalty programs, encourage greater visit frequency and spend, and generate valuable referrals and word-of-mouth.
- Identify the key metrics that the company should be monitoring for member growth and engagement and regularly report to senior management insights on the drivers of member growth
- Understand how SMS, email, and product features engage our members and recommend tactics for improvement
- Design and implement new SMS and email campaigns and multivariate tests to drive member activity, engagement, and store visits
- Propose, spec, and manage product changes that will encourage virality and user engagement
- Evaluate and recommend how SEO can be used to drive member acquisition
- Spearhead thinking about business discovery and member engagement can be built into a FiveStars mobile app
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background or equivalent experience; technical background highly valued
- Strong problem solving and quantitative analytical skills
- Highly results-focused with a passion for exceeding measurable targets
- Microsoft Excel guru; Microsoft Access, SQL, html/CSS, and statistical modeling expertise highly valued
- 3-5 years of total experience with track record of increasing responsibility
- 2+ years of relevant experience in user acquisition, engagement, and growth for fast-growing web or mobile company highly preferred
- Experience with email marketing, multivariate testing, and SEO highly preferred