Reference Code: 13068873
Location: Irving, TX, USA
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
The Global Consumer Marketing & Internet Office (GCMIO) is a world-class marketing organization with a customer-centric approach that supports our marketing efforts globally. The North America Marketing and Internet & Mobile teams support the entire consumer business including credit cards, retail banking, small and commercial business banking and real estate lending. The Internet & Mobile team’s charter is to provide an exceptional customer experience, maintain the integrity (and manage the success) of the online and mobile channels, and successfully deliver on key enterprise projects that improve our customer’s interactions with us, positively impact the businesses’ P&L and drive increased digital engagement.
The Customer Experience team is responsible for driving superior customer experience across all digital channels. The team’s mission is to bring the Citi brand to life by extending simplicity, ease of use and customer centricity to all digital channels. This team is expected to deliver on Citi’s promise of customer-centricity by building digital experiences that are simple, human and engaging across all Citi's consumer facing businesses.
Role and Responsibilities
This is a critical leader in the User Experience team who will drive design assets and delivery on all Citi Digital properties, employing the established design that is distinctly and recognizably Citi-branded.
- Bringing the Design Vision to life by incorporating our new design style and global template which has been developed to build brand strength and consistency around the globe and in North America across all digital
- Meeting project objectives and maintaining schedules in a fast paced and changing environment and as a member of multiple, cross-functional project Teams.
- Translating IA into actionable & elegant designs using new and creative approaches to visualize data and present information; be able to offer multiple design interpretations to the UI.
- Conceptualizing best practice user experience through collaboration with the design, IA, content strategy and html teams. Interpreting technical requirement documentation for web development projects
This person understands how to craft beautiful, intuitive designs consistent with the brand within the context of a templated website environment. He/she will support design efforts for site updates, rich emails, ad banners and landing pages, and extend design templates to site pages following approved wireframes. He/she will source photos and create standalone graphics and illustrations according to project needs. The Designer will work closely with HTML developers to optimize graphics and release clean, annotated PSD files as needed. Partnering with delivery, business & IT teams, he/she will help the team to transform to support a truly Agile development approach to increase efficiency and speed to market.
This individual will be part of a team responsible for:
- Maintaining Content Expertise - Content development is critical to Citi’s success in driving business metrics. Drive Citi’s voice in digital experiences, with an ever-deepening understanding of business goals and objectives, requirements, other creative assets and deliverables, and how each plays a role in delivering the best possible customer-facing content.
- Delivering copy for all projects and maintenance work undertaken by the Internet & Mobile team, including specific creation, identification and mapping of content for Global projects being consumed in the US. This requires excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to function as a business content analyst and to ask the right questions driving to solution.
- Content strategy recommendations and plans developed through content inventories, current-state analysis, site audits, competitive assessments, user testing, and Website metrics
- Driving content requirements through analysis, content inventories and audits, current-state assessments and stakeholder analysis; and identification of gaps and issues analysis for future-state recommendations. Copywriters are also responsible for the documentation of all issues related to their deliverables and the resolution of those issues, even when they reach beyond copy delivery and require strong understanding of business needs, requirements and the needs of all downstream stakeholders, including Legal/Compliance, Content Management, Development and Testing.
- Identification and documentation of content types and inventory of existing content; Identify content for deletion, migration (as is), updating or that needs to be developed. This requires a specific strength in business analysis so that requirements and event-triggers are well understood across all scenarios. It also requires the ability to document issues and work with stakeholders, negotiating to resolve those issues.
- Creating a process or organizing and developing content (e.g. hierarchy, lifecycle, etc). Process enhancements are a constant factor in our work, so Copywriters must be as facile and adaptive as all other creative team members and as adept at evolving processes and related change.
- Maintaining and adapting the tools, including a n editorial style guide to provide guidance on content development and standard processes/best practices for the delivery of content. As tools emerge or are adopted, Copywriters must be early and enthusiastic adopters, whether in adaptation of older tools such as issue logs managed in Excel, or more sophisticated project management tools, both proprietary and commercial.
- Must have the ability to analyze and write for a multitude of content types, including marketing content and related metadata, servicing and informational content, and across all form factors present today and emerging in the marketplace, including desktop/laptop, tablet and mobile regardless of device type.
- Adaptive to a rapidly changing environment – Our environment is one of constant change, governed by processes that must be as responsive to change as we are, especially given the rapid pace of change in the digital marketplace.
and Education Requirements
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years of design experience. Ideally, this person will have worked in an interactive design role or similar capacity in a creative shop with increasing responsibility over the years. A thorough understanding of content management systems is crucial and tablet, mobile and app design experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio of amazing design work, be technologically savvy, and interested in working at the forefront of digital design.
If you have a passion for communication through design and a personal style that elevates those around you – this may be a great fit for you!
When responding, please provide a portfolio or samples of work.
- Strong visual design talent
- Strong skills on all appropriate Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver). Some front end coding skills preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills
- Experience with taxonomy design, metadata, framework development etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with content management systems (CMS) and functions and content migrations
- Highly creative and able to develop creative solutions to business challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Digital Design, preferably with proven experience on a large-brand transactional site (e-commerce, banking, travel or other) – This leader should know his/her craft inside out.
- Business process and reengineering skills : ability to define new business process / re-engineer existing processes
- Business analysis – Each member of this team must be a native problem-solver, able to ask the right questions, drill down to core issues, and reflect his/her understanding of those issues in the quality of copy delivered for end-users in an optimal User Experience.
- Highly Creative – Able to develop creative solutions to business challenges, including the ability to communicate, collaborate, and negotiate for solutions that balance the User Experience against business goals and objectives and technical considerations successfully.
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could...