The AP system contains an Oracle Financials AP module and various feeds and processes to carry out all the basic components of a Payables system. This includes payments and invoices from multiple source systems such as Employee Expenses, Legal Billing, Telecommunications and Market Data Services.
This is a technical support professional role to help support the AP System for GBM locations including user support and batch support where appropriate. The Finance IT department is responsible for all development activities within the Finance business division
The RBS GBM Finance Technology support team provides first and second line technical support to all users of Oracle Financials AP module and related applications and data, including regional and global Finance groups. The team is responsible for all technical issues with the system and ensuring that they are resolved in a timely manner.
A support analyst is required to be AP focussed, as part of the global team, and to assist the team in resolution of technical issues, customer liaison, and general support administration.
Deliverables to include:
- High percentage of technical issues resolved at first & second line level
- Strengthening team relationship with user base
- Creating, managing & distributing the Finance technology statistics
- Responsible for a number of daily status mails
- Interaction with projects
- 3 -4 years of production support experience
- Knowledge of AP fundamentals and a general understanding of Finance
- Experience with Oracle Financials
- Knowledge of Finance Systems and Architecture
- Strong Oracle SQL and excellent relational database skills
- Strong knowledge of Perl programming would be beneficial
- Strong Java skills would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Concur, WebSeries, CSC/LSS Legal billing would be beneficial
- Perl, Sybase, Unix (Solaris preferable)
- Java, Oracle, J2EE, Unix shell scripts.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Team player
- Work well both individually or in a team and delivery focused
RBS - 8 months ago