Our Utilities Group is seeking a mechanical technician to support the NSLS-II Project during the utilities installation and operations of all deionized and process chilled water. This includes: fabrication and installation of multiple piping for deionized water and compressed air, process chilled water, installation for all supporting electrical racks associated with beamline hutches, storage and booster rings. The successful candidate will work closely under the direction of the utilities supervisor. The candidate must perform tasks safely and on schedule, and must be able to work out any technical issues he/she might encounter.
- Associate’s degree in a technical field or equivalent capabilities
- Two (2) years relevant work experience, or a BS in a technical field
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Working knowledge and application of practical principles in specific disciplines such as plumbing and/or HVACR.
Please apply to Job ID# 16344.
- Two (2) years previous plumbing or HVACR experience
- Familiar with the design features and operations of a high energy accelerator and controls necessary to mitigate hazards.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
• Medical Plans
• Dental Plans
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
• Retirement Plan
• On-site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits.
BNL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
Brookhaven National Laboratory - 12 months ago
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy....