Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions. The IT Infrastructure Portfolio is responsible for the IT infrastructure project management throughout PG&E’s service territory. Project Managers require office/computer supplies from various vendors in order to deliver successful projects and will make order requests for shopping carts and purchase orders to be created using our online Supply Requisition tool.
A Utility Clerk Typist responds to the requests made by project managers for office/computer supplies and other possible clerical duties in a polite, professional, efficient and timely manner. Serving the project manager and performing the job in a safe manner is paramount. The hours for this job are intermittent and can be up to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, including possible scheduled or ad hoc overtime.
The duties of this position are physical in nature with work duties that may include loading/unloading, lifting and pulling.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
- A qualifying score on our pre-employment Clerical Test Battery (CTB), Work Order Inventory (WOI) , as well as a score of 55 wpm or above on our pre-employment Typing Test.
- Internal PG&E employees: Must have qualified on the Clerical Test Battery (CTB) exam, Work Order Inventory (WOI), and a score of 55 wpm or above on our pre-employment Typing Test prior to applying
- External and Hiring Hall candidates: Must qualify on the Clerical Test Battery (CTB) exam, Work Order Inventory (WOI), and a score of 55 wpm or above on our pre-employment Typing Test prior to interviewing
- 2+ years’ experience using Microsoft Office products- Excel, Outlook and Word
- Create shopping carts and purchase orders in online Supply Requisition Management (SRM) tool for ordering IT related project material through various vendors
- Verify goods receipts in online SRM
- Track and update all Bill of Materials using various computer software and databases
- Respond to inquiries and requests made by vendors, engineers, buyers and accounts payable
- Reconcile blocked invoices
- Communicate material status in a timely manner to project managers and department staff
- Work independently, in a team, and safely at all times
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 18 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...