GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Utility Operation Generalist (Central Plant Operator), you will operate and maintain equipment used in the generation, regulation and distribution of steam, chilled water, cooling tower, compressed gases and water in the facility. Operate equipment used in water treatment, city water, feed water systems, soot blowers, fuel transfer systems and industrial gas systems.
Work without direction on standard system operations on an around the clock shift rotation. Off hour shifts and rotator is covered by 1 person.
- Work from instructions of supervisior or shift leader.
- Operate all central plant equipment using standard Boiler House & Chiller Plant operating procedures.
- Clean and perform routine maintenance on control devices and operating equipment.
- Observe fuel oil unloading activities by vendor.
- Assure Central Plant is operating within set parameters and correct operating difficulties.
- Observe record and maintain records as required.
- Assist other personnel in their job assignments as directed.
- Provides on the job training to other personnel.
- Receive job progression information from the previous shift and pass on job progression information to the next shift.
- Associates degree in Plant Utilities Technology or related field of study OR Military Training in Boiler/Stationary Equipment Operations (eg. Navy HT).
- Must be willing to work off hours, rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background
investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- 3 years work experience in Utility (Boiler House / Chiller Plant) Facility with references or 4 yrs. military experience in boiler operations & steam distribution.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...