Position is open until filled with a first review of applications on May 6, 2013
HIRING RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS $32,410 - $39,489
This is a field-oriented position performing operation and maintenance activities related to the successful operation and maintenance of municipal wastewater collection systems.
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalency, a valid Driver’s License, and at least 6 months of experience in a related field. Work schedule may include weekend, off hours and holiday coverage; including working on call.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work independently. Possess basic computer skills and excellent customer service attitude. The desire to participate and work within a team environment is essential.
Only a limited number of the most highly qualified applicants meeting the City’s requirements will be invited for an interview. Examination process for this position will include:
First Year Objectives:
Utility Technician I – Collections
First Year Objectives
First 3 Months of Employment:
· Become familiar with the City’s collection system in the CPA and SPA
· Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret various maps and charts.
· Be able to identify and locate all City lift stations.
· Review existing SOP’s/JHA’s and perform hands on training
First 6 Months of Employment:
· Obtain Grade I Wastewater Collection System Operator Certification.
· Obtain CDL with tanker endorsement
· Demonstrate the ability to operate and inspect lift stations with minimum supervision.
First 12 Months of Employment:
· Be able to inspect accurately sewer manholes and main lines for Division records.
· Demonstrate the ability to safely operate and maintain sewer cleaning equipment such as the Vacon unit
· Demonstrate the ability to safely operate the wastewater tank truck
· Demonstrate the ability to use a field laptop computer to call up maps and to enter data.
The City of Goodyear is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any applicant requiring additional assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department for accommodations. Prior to appointment, selected candidate(s) must pass a motor vehicle record check, criminal history check, and, if necessary for the position, a physical evaluation and/or credit history check. The City of Goodyear supports a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
The Smoke-Free Arizona Act is to protect Arizonans from the harmful effects of second-hand smoke; therefore, the City of Goodyear prohibits smoking in all designated "no smoking" areas, including enclosed areas and areas within 20 feet of the entrances (except for patios). www.smokefreearizona.org (A.R.S. § 36-601.01)
City of Goodyear, AZ - 23 months ago