CSC is looking for VB/.NET Lead Developers with experience in Visual Basic 6.0 and .NET client/server programming
Essential Job Functions
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents highly complex programs. Develops complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Prepares time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers.
- Supports project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- May serve as technical project lead; provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Provides consulting services in a technical and/or managerial capacity to management and technical staff. May represent company in presentations or conferences involving customers, co-contractors, suppliers, competitors, academia or the public.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of programming or testing experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Must have hands-on experience in Visual Basic 6.0 and .NET client/server programming
- Must have experience using XML schemas and .NET XML components
- Must have experience in handling development team and report project status
- Must have experience in designing technical solution
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of change control process and SDLC process
- Must have experience working with offshore/onshore teams
- Must have experience in collecting and validating requirements
- 8+ years using VB, ASP, C# and ASP.NET programming languages
- 6+ years SQL Server 2005 or later database experience
- 2+ years using SQL and T-SQL
- 4+ years MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- 3+ years Crystal Reports (v 8.5 or higher) or other report development experience.
- Need to have demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Need to have good communication skills (written, verbal) required
- On-site Silver Spring, MD
- Strong skills in programming
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
AppLabs - 22 months ago
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...