The primary responsibilities of the Financial Analyst is to support the Director and the Coalition CFO in monthly roll ups and monthly reporting. The Analyst will work closely with the manager of financial reporting and financial managers of the Outdoor and Action Sports brands to monitor the budget and analyze monthly results. In addition, this position will provide analytical support to business partners to help drive the coalition's operating performance
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+.
Minimum 3 years of experience in the FP&A function at a multinational company,
preferably in the retail or consumer-related industries.
Manufacturing experience a plus.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative disciplines.
Ability to interpret financial statements, analyze results, and identify key
Knowledge and experience in financial concepts, budgeting, and forecasting.
Strong financial modeling skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to
communicate complex ideas in a simple way and interact with senior management.
Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
1. Participate in the roll up of all monthly reporting and analysis, the annual financial plan, and the strategic planning process for all eight brands in the Outdoor and Action Sports Coalition. Provide variance analysis, cause of change and be able to articulate in written form. Scope includes statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements, and inventory reporting.
2. Coordinate with the brands' financial teams as well as VF Corporate in the preparation, standardization, and management of reporting and analysis requirements.
3. Track and report performance against established plans or goals on financial and non-financial metrics.
4. Participate in monthly and quarterly write ups of the Coalition's financial performance.
5. Contribute to quarterly deliverables including board books and quarterly reviews.
6. Drive enhancements in financial reporting and analysis as well as requisite system requirements.
7. Provide ad hoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed.
VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A subsidiary...