FUNCTIONAL JOB TITLE: VIE-Quality Assurance and Business Analyst
DURATION: 12 to 18 months
LOCATION: Chicago, USA
DEPARTMENT AND P/L CODE: CSTP-IT (Clearing/STP Technologies, Americas)
Newedge offers global, multi-asset brokerage services on a range of listed and OTC derivatives and securities. Formed from a joint venture between Société Générale and Crédit Agricole CIB, we benefit from the support of our two AA-rated shareholders, and are independently managed and regulated.
Newedge is a world leader in multi-asset execution, and offers a complete set of clearing, prime brokerage and financing services. Newedge is headquartered in Paris, and with offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe-Middle East, we offer access to more than 80 global exchanges, and have a presence in 23 locations across 17 countries. Our business is driven by delivering industry leading solutions to our clients, who are served by teams of multi-lingual employees located in the world’s key financial centers.
Newedge is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Newedge, visit www.newedge.com .
The IT Clearing Development team is looking for one VIE to participate to the Quality Assurance programme.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Quality Assurance and Business Analyst’s main responsibility is to work on establishing best practices around Quality Assurance for Newedge Post-Trade system. The analyst will mainly work on use case scenario, test environment preparation, test execution and quality assurance design. The VIE acts as a liaison between Newedge IT Clearing Development team and end-users. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities outlined below:
- Provide Business Analysis for custom development: gather functional and technical requirements and write specifications.
- Prepare/document/manage/execute test case scenario for all of our STP applications: trade load, allocations, reconciliations, etc.
- Enhance automation levels of procurement of test environments.
- Enhance interaction levels across multiple testing platforms.
- Develop a Quality Assurance culture following Agile/Scrum, ITIL and 12 Basics standard
- Enhance documentation and knowledge sharing by preparing group training
- Prepare guidelines around capacity testing, in line with our global capacity programme
- Prepare guidelines around our Source Code Repository procedures
- Help implement our SDLC process Phase II across all teams and applications.
- Perform end to end testing on small to large projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED :
- Excellent analytical skills and self-starter with ability to take ownership of tasks and assignments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (organized and to the point)
- Excellent organization skills (note taking, follow-up calls, form filing, etc.) in order to track out-standing issues for rapid and accurate solutions.
- Excellent ability to learn from documentation manuals and ‘on the job’ training.
- Adaptable, reliable, quality-oriented.
- Ability to follow-up with numerous end-users or application owners within the framework of global implementations.
- Fluent English
- Very good practice of the Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Good working knowledge in Java/J2EE platform based software analysis/design and development projects
- Strong database development and design using SQL Server & T-SQL – SSIS/SSRS knowledge a plus
- Have a good knowledge of development environment/frameworks such as Eclipse, Ant, Maven, Junit, SVN
- Knowledge of Spring Source frameworks such as Spring Integration a strong plus
- Have a good understanding of financial markets and especially Listed Derivatives a plus
- Have a good understanding of using Agile & Scrum a plus
- Experience working within the financial industry at an Investment Bank or a FCM.
- Experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): user requirements gathering, technical specification writing, test script design, UAT and regression testing, user sign-off and deployment.
REQUIRED REGISTRATIONS / LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
POSITION WITHIN HIERARCHY (Reporting Lines):
Based in Chicago and reporting to the IT Clearing Development Manager located in Chicago.
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY:
High – able to lead initiatives on his/her own and deliver on time within a fast paced and global environment.
Graduate School , Master of Sciences or equivalent ( Ecole d’ingénieur , University).
Newedge - 2 years ago
The corporate and investment banking arm of French superbank Crédit Agricole, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (or Crédit...