IMCOM will synchronize, integrate, and deliver installation services and sustain facilities in support of Senior Commanders in order to enable a ready and resilient Army.
Designs and maintains websites and digital media initiatives.
This is a re-announcement of Vacancy Announcement NENANF13876875CF13-049. Previous applicants need to re-apply. KEY REQUIREMENTS
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required DUTIES:
Includes other related duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
At least one year experience in website and graphics design/development, including the application of the concepts, principles and practices in website marketing, using illustration and communication concepts, principles and practices to conceive, plan and execute work assignments. Skill in interpersonal relationships. Must have some marketing and communications experience, with a strong focus on Web 2.0 technologies.
Must have the ability to organize and edit written material to make it meaningful to a wide array of audiences. Candidates must demonstrate their creativity and originality through a professional portfolio that features their best work.
Desirable: An undergraduate degree in web design/development, or related field. Knowledge of regulations governing public websites, to include Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, which requires federal agencies to make electronic and information technology accessible to people with disabilities.
Highly desirable: 2-5 years of programming or coding experience, extensive knowledge and specialized work experience in the field of web code development and social media. Proficiency in social media technologies. Experience with SQL and CSS and content management systems such as Drupal and creating scripts using various third-party languages such as PHP, AJAX, JQuery. Minimum 1 year experience deploying user interface designs and methodologies. Familiarity with mobile devices and programming (i.e. Android, iOS) preferred.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to submit a creative portfolio for artistic evaluation.
An undergraduate degree in web design/develoopment, or related field is desirable.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Priority consideration will be given to current and former NAF and current DOD APF employees serving in a continuous APF position without time limits for at least one year.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. Duties require the employee to have the ability to discern colors, contrast, and depth and have hearing perception within the normal range (aided or unaided).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Highly Desirable, Web Designing Experience, and Customer Service Skills.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work. BENEFITS:
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are negotiable.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...