Examples of Duties:
- Must arrive a half-hour before the performance time to get to their assigned rooms.
- Will meet the students in their assigned rooms for the recital and check off your students using your program upon their arrival.
- Must remain with the students during the entire show.
- Assist with dressing and putting on shoes and costumes.
- Check hair and make-up of students before going on-stage.
- Maintain a quiet area and enforce quiet behavior in the hallway and backstage as students are waiting to perform.
- Keep students occupied. Have students utilize the bathroom facilities BEFORE they get backstage.
- Assist with line-up as students enter the backstage area and receive students after their performance. Take them back to their room.
- Assist with the end of show finale lineup.
- Check the parents release form for those parents wishing to take their student out of the back stage area before the end of the recital. Parents must have a release form initialed by the security. You will be asked to bring the early release students to the security desk at intermission.
- Bring students back to the commons area after the final "all student" ovation to pick up their belongings. Levels Beginner through Beginner 3 students return to meet their parents at the front of the stage. Older students should have a meeting point prearranged with their family. Parents are not allowed backstage after the performance.
- Responsible for sweeping up all debris and throwing away all trash at the end of the show. Lost and Found – look for the central box by the teacher’s changing room.
Please wear your APRD t-shirt during your shift.
The following items will be provided to you at the site:
*A dance recital program and stage directions with line-ups.
*List of students in more than one dance routine.
Helpful items to bring:
*Safety pins, hairspray, comb, bobby pins, etc.
*Games, crayons and coloring books, personal DVD players. No markers or play dough! (APRD is not responsible for these items.)
NOTE: No food or beverages (except water in water bottles) are allowed in the waiting areas.
City of Appleton, WI - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -