Chesterfield Faring, Ltd. (CFL) is an investment banking firm specializing in corporate and real estate finance. The firm acts in multiple capacities: as investment banker, financial advisor, merchant banker, principal, lender, and equity investor. CFL provides a broad range of best-in-class corporate and real estate investment banking services to private and institutional clients on a national and international basis. CFL provides real estate m&a advisory, equity and debt placements, recapitalizations and counsel on loan restructurings to owners of commercial real estate properties.
MD/VP - Responsible for Originating and sourcing, underwriting, structuring and executing joint venture equity, programmatic, permanent, construction and mezzanine debt transactions. The ideal candidate will have a history of successfully originating exclusive mandates to raise debt and equity for commercial real estate investment opportunities and portfolios. The successful candidate will benefit from a well established, entrepreneurial platform that provides extensive relationships with institutional lenders and equity investors.
- Collaborate among the firm to create a focused, strategic plan that will market oneself as well as enhance the firm’s market presence within the institutional real estate community.
- Develop and maintain strong, applicable, targeted business relationships with property owners, investors, lenders and other capital providers to generate business opportunities. Participate in leadership roles in industry organizations as well as attend and participate in industry conferences and other applicable business events.
- Complete thorough and detailed initial opportunity analysis, separate business opportunities from general sourcing activity and successfully convert relationships into exclusive financing mandates.
- Conduct presentations to existing and prospective clients for new business opportunities. Assist in preparing client marketing materials for presentations, which include lender and equity submission books or any other marketing collateral presented to strategically targeted lenders and investors.
- Perform and manage detailed financial modeling and analysis and conduct comprehensive underwriting and structuring efforts on both joint venture equity, debt and debt structured finance transactions. Participate and assist in negotiations with debt and/or equity capital sources and take a leadership role in closing the transaction.
- Bachelors Degree required. MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- Strong business development profile with an existing book of business which will benefit from sophisticated debt and joint venture placement capabilities and exceptional institutional investor relationships.
- Significant financial modeling experience. Highly advanced Excel capability and proficiency using Argus. Previous experience in a mortgage brokerage, bank or investment bank type platform strongly preferred.
- Experience analyzing and underwriting all asset classes, including multifamily, office, retail and industrial.
- Highly motivated, very hands on self starter. Proven ability to successfully multi-task and work well autonomously.
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate and to coordinate efforts within a team setting to optimize effective business development for the organization. Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, within the organization as well as representing the organization within the marketplace to a broad range of individuals among sophisticated lenders and investors. Strong attention to detail with a driven, dedicated work ethic and a self-expectation of delivering exceptional client work product and service. Energetic with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent judgment and time management.
Compensation comprised of a base salary and bonus program.
Chesterfield Faring Ltd (CFL) is an investment banking firm specializing in corporate and real estate finance. The firm acts in multiple...