Responsible for the overall management of daily operation
and monitoring of SMBC’s BSA/AML/OFAC and KYC Compliance programs. Including but not limited to :
- Ensuring the BSA/AML Compliance Program is in line with current industry best
practices and is both efficient and effective in terms of current BSA/AML/OFAC
and KYC governance and internal controls per all applicable BSA/AML/OFAC and
- Tasked with keeping the CCO and the In-Office Compliance Committee informed
of ongoing BSA/AML/OFAC and KYC issues.
- Personally drafting the SMBC AML and OFAC Risk Assessments and Money
- Continuous efforts to maintain a sustainable, effective and efficient SMBC
BSA/AML/OFAC and KYC Compliance Program and making appropriate enhancements as
- Devising and assisting with the administration of general and
business-specific BSA/AML/OFAC and KYC related training programs to SMBC
- Front line Compliance coordinator for all internal audits, Compliance
Department examinations and regulatory examinations of the SMBC BSA/AML/OFAC
and KYC Compliance Program. Address any
audit or examination findings accordingly.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of BSA/AML/OFAC and KYC/CIF
Compliance automation, including reviewing specifications, participating and
evaluating through testing and making recommendations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE :
- Extensive knowledge of current anti-money laundering regulations, policies
and reporting requirements per the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Minimum of five (5) years BSA/AML experience. Advanced degrees (J.D. and/or
Masters) are a plus. Certification
such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Hands-on BSA/AML experience, excellent written and verbal communication
skills, personal investigative and SAR filing experience at a financial
institution, proven global staff management experience and the ability to
multi-task. Past experience of
interaction with regulators and auditors.
- Detailed understanding of complex OFAC regulations to assess transactions and
business deals. Knowledge of OFAC risks
associated with products, business lines and countries in order to accurately
assess and draft a comprehensive OFAC Risk Assessment for SMBC.
- Where possible, the incumbent should be an innovator in the BSA/AML/OFAC and
KYC field to identify areas considered best practice and work with colleagues
at SMBC and within Compliance community, with regulators and enforcement
agencies to set new standards for effectiveness and efficiency within a
specified regulatory area.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state banking laws and regulations,
particularly the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA PATRIOT Act hereunder.
- Strong leadership abilities and be able to capably make important decisions
regarding the BSA/AML/OFAC and KYC Compliance Program.
- Strong relationship and project management skills. Hands-on experience in the implementation and
testing of automated monitoring, filtering and database systems (and vendors
that provide them) that enable BSA/AML/OFAC and KYC processes to be more
efficient and effective.
This position will be located in the New York Office.
OneWire Inc. - 19 months ago
Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG) is the holding company for Sumitomo Mitsui Banking, which is one of Japan's largest banks (along...