We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. Were one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
This group is responsible for developing consistent standards for Compliance across the organisation and enforcing these standards. The key responsibilities of this group are:
The VP of Risk Assessment and Management Information within this group is responsible for assisting the driving of the end-to-end compliance programs related to Risk Assessment and Compliance Management Information efforts.
- Establish a new global function from scratch which will deliver an effective and efficient compliance risk and control management service
- Put in place sophisticated risk assessment, management reporting, Compliance risk review, policy and training programmes
- Promote and communicate the embedding of this function throughout the organisation and oversee the development and implementation of high quality policies and standards
- Ensure that proactive advice is delivered through effective partnership with others at all levels of the Executive Committee, the front-office and other infrastructure functions
- Promote the cultural, behavioural and organisational changes necessary within the Compliance function and the business to achieve continuous improvement
- Be responsible for hiring and developing high-calibre employees and for motivating them to achieve their individual and team potential
- Initiating and sustaining constructive relationships with senior stakeholders across multiple businesses; and a track record of designing and creating a cutting-edge function that interacts effectively within the organisation, is efficient and adapts readily to change.
The primary responsibilities of this function include:
- Assisting with executing the end to end process for the roll out of the annual Compliance Risk Assessment
- Managing the Risk Assessment process for the Americas
- Assisting with the end to end process for collection, compilation and communication of Compliance Management Information at a global, regional, business and Board level
- Managing the Compliance Management Information for the Americas
- Coordinating these global/regional initiatives of the group with relevant stakeholders including the Regional Heads of Compliance and the Product and Functional Compliance Heads for all regions
- Documenting and updating the end to end compliance programmes for each of these global/regional workstreams
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in Legal or Compliance including senior level responsibility
- Previous experience in Risk Assessment and Management Information
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong relevant technical expertise combined with extensive experience and understanding of the investment banking industry related to Risk Assessments and Management Information
- Have excellent business judgement and a willingness to exercise it
- Have a professional demeanour and possess considerable presence, impact and gravitas and will command respect within the organisation and with the regulators
- Be a proactive, energetic and resilient individual with a can-do approach
- Be capable of inspiring and influencing colleagues both upwards and downwards and internally and externally.
- Have the vision to be able to design a new function from scratch that is fit for the current regulatory environment.
- Be a self-starting and results-focused individual
- Have excellent people management skills with proven motivation and leadership skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, be an effective communicator and possess strength of character
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, a flexible, consultative working style and possesses the ability to drive change.
Barclays Investment Bank
- 2 years ago - save job
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...