My client, an International Investment Bank in New York is seeking a senior collateral risk manager within their commodity finance middle office.
The primary responsibilities include collateral monitoring and customer service in support of the Commodity Finance business. The group s clients utilize Energy, Metals, Softs, Agricultural and Mining collateral to secure loan and letter of credit activity. Clients also transact business on an unsecured basis.
The Collateral Risk Manager is the day to day operations leader who works in coordination with team leads and specialized Collateral Analysts. The Analysts monitor the portfolio, determining compliance with facility limits and collateral requirements. They ensure the clients compliance of legal documents with risk approvals at close, and continued compliance with approved covenants on an on-going basis. Day to day business is monitored utilizing a proprietary collateral monitoring system, along with Loan IQ and various other industry based systems. The Analysts provide assurance that the clients collateral position versus approved facilities limits and outstanding obligations are in compliance.
- Perform, direct and supervise day to day collateral monitoring.
- Perform, direct and supervise day to day structured finance activity.
- Maintain the knowledge and technical skills of team members in commodity financing operations. Utilize all tools at your disposal, including internal and external training modules to ensure a technically competent team of commodity finance professionals.
- Direct and supervise projects from proposal to implementation, including coordination with back office, middle office, front office and technology. Ensure proper testing, training and implementation of projects.
- Maintain departmental procedures for scope and accuracy, identifying controls and implementing changes.
- Oversee staffing requirements, including training, development and back-up processes. This includes allocation of work and accounts. Re-allocation of work-flow.
- Knowledge of commodity & trade finance and structured trade finance products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive approach.
- Client mindset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of hedging, commodity pricing and related concepts
- Working knowledge of trading company operations, practices and controls
- Knowledge of auditing and accounting policies and principles, including MTM concept.
- Experience in managing a commodities trade finance operation.
- International multi-office operations experience
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office products including MS Project, and Excel
- Hands on Middle Office or Back Office collateral monitoring experience.
- Special projects and management reporting experience.
- Knowledge and experience of control issues, compliance processes, and OFAC/AML requirements in a trade finance environment.
- Prior experience in comparable position with an International bank.
- 5 + years of Middle Office management experience in a dynamic environment
- 10 + years of management experience in an international banking environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business related field required.
Linium Resources - 30+ days ago