Health Net, Inc. is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. The company provides health benefits to approximately 6.0 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net's behavioral health services subsidiary, Managed Health Network, Inc., provides behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs to approximately 5.4 million individuals, including Health Net's own health plan members. The company's subsidiaries also offer managed health care products related to prescription drugs, and offer managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company's website at
With many of the Accountable Care Act's biggest elements going into effect Jan. 1 2014 the healthcare industry is undergoing a massive transformation. Health insurers historically focused on B2B wholesale models that did not rely heavily on sophisticated marketing. Going forward the industry as a whole will need new capabilities, including increased B2B and B2C marketing capabilities as well as a more consumer/retail (vs. wholesale) oriented approach to products and services. This VP Marketing role is a critical part of that transformation at Health Net.
The VP Marketing, Demand Generation, is responsible for leading the strategy and execution of business-to-consumer and business-to-business demand generation strategies for the enterprise, in order to build awareness and consideration and help drive leads and sales. This position provides marketing expertise across all lines of business (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, Duals, Exchange) to ensure that Health Net achieves the expected business objectives and goals. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops marketing strategies and plans for all lines of business, including situation analysis of market (market research, sizing and segmentation), products, competitors, consumers, decision makers, physicians and brokers.
- Executes and develops strategies and programs to increase business and consumer awareness and lead generation through a variety of methods.
- Leads the management and monitors the creation and reports on success metrics, including awareness, purchase intent, cost per lead, cost per sale, ROI.
- Oversees the end-to-end execution of demand generation strategies.
- Ensures the management of demand generation tools, resources and external agencies and vendor relationships for campaigns, programs, and reporting purposes.
- Partners with line of business leaders and their sales and product organizations regarding new demand generation and campaign plan requirements for new product/feature releases and existing products pipeline development.
- Directly oversees advertising messages and provides strategic guidance to influence other external communications and partners with Corporate Communications and community outreach/sponsorship programs.
- Aggressively reviews and stays abreast of market trends through all available resources.
- Provides leadership to staff, with particular attention to recruitment, mentoring, development and training, achievement of performance targets, and ongoing leadership.
Bachelor's degree; MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum ten years experience building awareness, generating leads, and leveraging through a variety of methodologies
- Experience with local, targeted and/or grassroots marketing
- Well-rounded experience driving results through a combination of approaches to include many of the following: brand advertising (radio, TV, print, OOH, digital), local/targeted/grass roots marketing, highly measurable (direct marketing, SEM)
- Proven track record in creating, developing, implementing and evaluating successful marketing programs
- Significant strategy development, business analysis and management experience
- Health care experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to build effective teams and motivates others
- Superior interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to deal with conflicting interests and build consensus
- Ability to persuade others through intelligence and experience
- Ability to leverage consumer research, including but not limited to, segmentation, modeling key drivers and perception mapping
- Ability to execute cross-functional process and team development through directly and indirectly
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to identify, prioritize and execute the critical list of tasks that directly affect the plan
- Ability to deliver feedback professionally and effectively to all levels in the organization, including challenging the status quo when appropriate
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D.
Health Net - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -