For more information about TIAA-CREF,
visit our website
The VP Marketing, Bank Products position will support the launch and ongoing operation of the new online and mobile-channel bank. This position provides marketing consultation to Bank leaders on matters of marketing, including online advertising, product positioning, collateral & sales materials, marketing communications, and PR. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with the Banking team to develop and deliver comprehensive, integrated marketing plans that include identifying the target market, positioning, product offer, marketing mix and distribution strategy.
- Support the launch and ongoing operation of the new bank, including multiple new product launches in 2013.
- Provide strategic consultation to Bank leaders on matters of marketing, including online advertising, product positioning, collateral & sales materials, marketing communications, and PR.
- Incorporate digital, social media and mobile strategies as appropriate.
- Develop comprehensive, integrated marketing plans that include identifying the target market, positioning, product offer, marketing mix and distribution strategy.
- Coordinate all support provided by the Marketing Centers of Excellence (Brand/Advertising, Digital, PR, Research, Measurement & Analytics, etc.).
- Serve as a subject matter expert on online advertising & marketing, and provide direction to marketing agencies and guidance to the banking team on execution of marketing programs.
- Support product development efforts with the development of positioning, promotion, communications and sales support strategies.
- Support the Bank Distribution lead in the integration of banking products into all applicable TIAA-CREF distribution channels, communication channels and lines of business.
- Act as lead program manager on all bank marketing activities. Build tactical Marketing Plan and oversee execution to deliver the expected results. Ensure plan is in sync with budget and resources and that highly effective launch is executed within defined timeframes.
- Coordinate the resources of the Marketing Division in its support of the Bank.
- Collaborate with Marketing business partners and Public Affairs (Advertising, Media Relations, Web Strategies, Corporate and Government Relations) to develop the most effective integrated strategies for communicating our banking offer to our customers.
- Analyze and report on effectiveness of marketing initiatives to business partners and propose recommendations on future strategies.
- Monitor market trends and competitors to develop effective marketing strategies.
- Strategic thinker with strong planning and execution abilities.
- Strong project management skills and vendor management skills.
- Results-oriented with a track record of driving sales growth in a highly-competitive environment.
- Proven ability to influence key decision-makers and operate effectively in a matrix organization.
- Strong relationship management, team building, presentation and communications skills that establish trust, credibility and respect.
- Ability to lead large-scale initiatives and cross-functional teams.
- Minimum of ten years consumer banking marketing experience, specifically both lending and savings products. Direct marketing experience required.
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are
- Knowledge of retirement or brokerage business desired, but not required.
- Broad marketing background in Deposits and Lending preferred.
- Online marketing experience required.
- Online marketing of Deposit and Lending products strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of banking regulatory environment
- Previous experience launching or growing on-line banking business a plus.
making a difference
TIAA-CREF - 16 months ago
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...